Procedures for Scheduling Retreats/Events
- Call the camp at 304-743-4332 for available dates for your event & describe your event activities.
- Agreed upon dates will tentatively be placed on the calendar for 2 weeks.
- HMCA will send a packet of required documents to finalize the event. Included are:
- Contract reflecting minimum number of rooms contracted for plus the rate.
- Contract Addendum, which must be initialed and returned with contract.
- Insurance Coverage, usually covered by your own organizations insurance policy. We need a copy faxed or mailed to us.
- Deposit requirements (non-refundable)
- $50 for day events + 25% of resources requested
- $250 for retreats + 25% of resources requested
- Finalization of contract.
- Signed contract, contract addendum, deposit, *meal menus, snack menus, and insurance form must be returned within14 days of the reservation date. If contract and deposit are late, your date may be forfeited to another group.
- Final count and scheduled agenda are due 14 days before the event.
Other Important Information
- *Meals – a part-time cook may be available to provide meals for your event. If you would like this service, please make a request when you complete your contract.
- Resource Needs – There are a variety of activities available and there is a small fee for some of these. These must be scheduled ahead of time to assure they are not double booked. See Resource Request Form. A set-up fee may be charged for last minute changes.
- Audio/Visual/Sound Equipment – arrangements must be made in advance for use of audio/visual equipment. Availability is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Arrival Time – guests are asked to choose an arrival time for their group not longer than a one-hour window. HMCA will assist all guests during this arrival time (ex: 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.).
- We recommend the group brings an adult with the following qualifications:
- CPR Certification from a nationally recognized provider, and
- First Aid Certificate from a nationally recognized provider.
- Lifeguard certified
- If staying in the dorms, guests must provide their own bedding and towels.
- Vehicles are asked to unload and then park in the parking lot as space is available.
- Food & Drinks are not permitted in the dorms for any reason. They attract rodents and pests from the woods.
Supporting Church & VIP Discount
20% discount for Supporting Church’s & VIP’s on facility rentals!!