HCMA Statement of Faith
The Foundations of our Christian Faith taken from God’s Holy Bible
Any group wishing to use the facilities of HMCA for an event or a retreat must sign this statement of faith. This states you believe the following truths as laid out in the New Testament and you promise you will not willingly promote false doctrine that goes against these biblical truths in God’s Holy Word. HMCA reserves the right to approve or deny any guest rental group, curriculum, speaker, movie, music, audio/visual presentation, printed material, vendor, or award used at HMCA.
- We believe in the Holy Godhead; One God in three persons – Father, Son, Holy Spirit Genesis 1:2; Matt. 5:16, 45; 6:1; James 1:17; John 1:1, 4:24; 2 Peter 1:21
- We believe that the heavens and the earth were created by God as described in detail in the book of Genesis. God created male and female in his image. Genesis 1:1, 24-28; Acts 17:24-28; Romans 1:20; Hebrews 11:3.
- We believe the Bible is the infallible, inspired Word of God and our only rule of faith and practice. Mark 12:36; John 14:26; Acts 1:16; I Cor. 2:12-13; 2 Tim 3:14-16
- We believe in Jesus of Nazareth, both fully human and fully divine, was conceived of the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary.Matt. 1:18, 21:11; John 1:14; Rom 5:15-17
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s one and only Son, our one and only Savior. John 1:14, 3:16, 14:6; I John 4:9; 2 Peter 3:18
- We believe the Bible teaches that man, created by God, willfully sinned against God and is consequently lost & without hope apart from Jesus Christ. Genesis 3, Acts 4:12; Rom 3:23
- We believe in the atoning death of Christ on the cross for the sins of all people of the world. We also believe in the literal bodily resurrection of Christ from the dead. Luke 23:44, John 20: 24-29; I Cor. 15:3-8
- Followers of Christ are commanded to (1) Believe Jesus is their Savior, (2) Repent of their sins, (3) Confess and acknowledge their faith in Jesus, and (4) be buried with Him in the watery grave of Baptism in order wash our sins away, and to receive the promise of forgiveness and the gift of the Holy Spirit. We believe obedience to these commands lead to salvation, and none of these individually is an assurance of salvation, but part of the (5) continuing journey to live faithful in Christ, making disciples, and (6) be active in His church.Acts 16:31, John 3:16; Rom 5:1-2; Acts 3:19; Acts 8: 36-39, 2 Peter 3:9; Matt 10:32; Acts 2:38, I Peter 3:21, Matt. 28: 19-20, Acts 2:42-47
- We believe the Bible teaches salvation & the forgiveness of sins are not earned by works, but by grace through the blood of Jesus Christ. Though we aren’t saved by works, we believe our faith should lead us to action and service for Christ. Matt 26:28, Rom 5:9, Eph 2:8-9; I Pet. 1:18-19
- We believe in the literal return of Christ on earth to judge all mankind, both the living and the dead, as has been promised. Matt 24:36-42; John 14:1-3; Acts 1:10-11; I Pet 4:5
- We believe the church is the body of Christ, and its most important mission is to share the gospel with the whole world before Jesus comes again as he commanded us to do before he ascended in to heaven. Hence the name “Christian” we bear from the book of Acts 11:26 and the New Testament as a follower of Christ. Matt 28:18-20, Mk 16:15-16, Acts 11:26