Summer Camp 2018: “Immeasurably More” Eph 3:20
Camper Registration Path Faculty Registration Path
Download Directions to the Camp
|Camp||Grades*||2018 Dates||Dean||**Full Cost|
| Camp Kickoff Event 3-7 pm|| ALL|| May 6|| Tim Yankey & Board Members|| FREE|
|Lifeguard / CPR Training|| STAFF||May 30-June 2||Tim Hall|| TBA|
| Staff Training Day|| STAFF|| June 9|| Tim Yankey & Tim Hall (9am – 5pm)|
|High School 1||9th – 12th||June 10-15||Tracy Tooley|| $200|
|Day Camp 1||Pre-K – 1st||June 16||Joey Lewis (10 am – 4pm)|| $40|
|First Chance Camp 1||1st – 2nd||June 17-19||Melissa Ware / April|| $95|
|Elementary 1|| 2nd – 5th||June 17-22||Kimi Francis|| $200|
| Middle School Camp|| 6th – 8th|| June 24-29|| Brian Dillon / Philip Mullins|| $200|
|High School 2|| 9th – 12th||July 1-6||Ben James / Scott Durbin|| $200|
|Day Camp 2|| Pre-K – 1st||July 7||April Mitchell (10am – 4pm)|| $40|
|Homeschool Camp|| 1st to 12th||July 8-11|
|Jeremiah & Laryn Creighton|| $135|
|Paintball Camp|| 7th – 12th||July 8-10||Tim Yankey|| $160|
|Upward Sports Camp|| 2nd – 8th||July 12-14||Charlie Hagley / Vince Hibbert|| $115|
|Elementary 2|| 2nd – 5th||July 15-20||Josh Tinkler / Kent Price|| $200|
|First Chance Camp 2|| 1st – 2nd||July 15-17|| Gary Sizemore|| $95|
| New River Adventure Camp (ACE)||7th – 12th|| July 15-18|| Nathan Rosier|| $225|
| HMCA Mission Huntington|| 13+|| July 22-27||Tim Yankey (Sunday 7-8 pm Check in)|| $225|
| Special Needs Day Camp||Under 35|| July 24|| Tim Hall|| FREE|
*Grade entering in the fall of 2018.
** Item #3 below shows how you can save up to $40 / camper off if you sign up early! Save $10-$40 a camper when you sign up by April 19th.
Top 10 Things you need to Know about Camp:
- Campers are encouraged to attend as many age applicable weeks as they wish.
- The Cost for your week of camp includes the camp program, 14 hot meals, lodging, 8×10 picture, & camp T-shirt. Extra money is needed to pay for canteen debit accounts (cash will not be accepted at canteen) during Sunday Registration and for daily missions offering or camp store purchases.
- **Early Bird Discounts: Pre-register between Feb. 1st – April 19th, Pay $40 deposit, Save $40 off parent balance! Save $20 between April 20-May 31st. Full Rate starts June 1st.
- Pre-register/Early Bird Express Line: Campers who register by April 19th, our early deadline, help us plan and we want to reward you for signing up early. Campers who register by April 19th will be rewarded by saving the most money, being first in line on Sunday, receiving 1st choice of bunks, and be guaranteed the correct T-shirt size. Our max campers per week is 125, to allow beds for faculty, so register early!
- Sunday Registration runs from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m for overnight camps (Day Camps on Saturdays 9:30 – 10:00 am check in and camp runs from 10:00 am to 4:00 p.m.). Sunday Pre-registered campers will be registered first starting with our Early Birds, then April 20-May 31st campers, and then late registrations June 1st and after. Dorms will not open before 4:00 and you must register before our staff can allow you into the dorms.
- Walk-On’s: Starting at 4:30 p.m. we will accept walk-on’s as there is space available. We cannot guarantee or save bunks until our pre-registered campers are registered. If camp is sold out, spaces will only be available is pre-registered campers don’t show by 5:00 p.m.
- Pickup times: for 5 night camps will be Friday at 12:00 p.m. First Chance Camp Tues day 7:00 p.m., and for Day Camps 4:00 p.m. Speciality camps check your email or ask the office.
- Mail: You may send mail to your camper, but please no phone calls or emails. Please send mail early in your child’s week to guarantee delivery before they leave.
- Visitor Policy: HMCA encourages visitors to be the exception rather than the rule during camp. They cause major distractions to campers and most times cause more harm than good. If you must visit, for the safety of all our campers, please follow the camp visitor policy and sign in at the office. Our gate locks at 11:00 pm at night for the safety of our guests and facilities.
- Volunteers: If you would like to help during summer camp as a counselor, teacher, or kitchen volunteer, you MUST contact the camp before your week of camp to check on availability and need at least 4 weeks before their week of camp. All volunteersworking with children will be required to allow a background check and fill out an online faculty volunteer application @ least 4 weeks before camp begins. Click here to go to the application.
Camper Packing List
- Twin Size Bedding
- Fitted Sheet
- Blankets or Sleeping Bag
- Shower Articles
- Towels & Washrags (Towel for shower and Towel for Pool)
- Casual clothes for 5 days (shorts, underwear, t-shirts, socks)
- Warm jacket or hoody for chilly nights
- Athletic shoes & sandals for pool
- 1 piece modest swimsuit or (ladies modest two piece tankini that covers your stomach)
- Class Material
- NIV Bible (OT & NT)
- Notebook & pen
- Dirty Clothes Bag
- Camera (No pictures or videos in the dorms or bathrooms!)
- Insect Repellent, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Money for Canteen & Missions
Do Not Bring the Following Items!
*These items can cause distractions to our programs and are not permitted on the grounds. If any of the listed items are brought to camp, we will not be responsible if they are lost, stolen, or misplaced. These items will be confiscated by HMCA Staff if found and may not be returned.
- Cell Phones: liability and big distraction for camp!
- Electronic music players: Ipods, CDs, MP3, etc.
- Video Cameras
- Video Games
- Battery Operated Video Games
- Tobacco or Acoholic Products
- Roller Blades or Healy’s
- Squirt Guns
- 2 piece swimsuits
- Lightweight Sleeping Bag
- Flashlight & batteries
- Bible & pen
- Spiral Notebook
- Insect Repellent
- 3 changes of clothes
- Athletic shorts
- Synthetic Socks
- Light Jacket
- 2 pair of shoes
- Hat or visor
- Water Bottle
*Camp will provide tents, backpacks, cooking utensils, one water bottle, and food.